TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Services & Facilities
- Participation in the Dive Operators’ Reef Tax Scheme is compulsory for everybody diving at the Utila Dive Centre. This Tax includes a contribution to local conservation, the community and to the hyperbaric chamber facility.
- Strict depth limits are applied for all divers as follows:
Open Water Divers - 18meters/60feet
Advanced divers certified after June 1998 - 30 meters/100feet
Advanced divers certified before June 1998 and divers with the PADI Deep Diver Specialty certification-40 meters/130 feet
- The use of drugs and alcohol before diving is strictly prohibited.
- The management does not accept liability for accidents or injuries occurring on the premises of either the dive shop or the hotel. Please be careful, as this is often a slippery and wet environment.
- Customers will be charged full replacement cost for all equipment that is lost, so please ensure your equipment is logged back in and signed by a member of staff. Replacement costs are as follows: Weights $4/pound, Mask $30 (Prescription $80), Snorkel $5, Belts $10, Wetsuit $100, Fins $30, BCD $300, Regulator $300.
- There is a $50 service charge for any regulator rinsed without the dustcap.
- Course schedules are offered in good faith. The management reserves the right to delay the start of a course. Should a course be delayed for any reason, students in the Mango Inn will be charged standard room rates.
- Please contact Utila Dive Centre as soon as you wish to make any changes to your scheduled trip. If you choose to amend your program, every effort will be made to accommodate the change however additional fees may apply. We will do our utmost to accommodate your requests.
- Courses are scheduled so they can be finished in the number of days allocated. Should a student miss either a classroom or water session, he or she will have to reimburse the instructor at the rate of $20.00 per classroom session and $35.00 per water session. The session will be made up at the instructors convenience.
- Should delays occur in the schedule during a course due to weather or any other reason, the student must pay the standard room rate at the hotel Mango Inn.
- Should a student fail to complete their course (open water, advanced, rescue or specialties) for any reason, charges shall be levied as follows:
After one day: $150 +$3 reef fee and 2 free nights at the hotel
After two days: $180 +$6 reef fee and 3 free nights at the hotel
From third day: No refund will be offered.
- Free fun dives are only valid until the day after the open water course has been completed and only the student attending the course may use them.
- UDC is not responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any personal effects. Please do not bring valuables to the dive shop. Please use the safe facilities at your hotel.
- There is an 8% charge to use a credit card at our facilities. The charge will be made in Lempira. Check in the office for the current exchange rate. There is a 6% charge when using PayPal. We do not share your personal information with third parties.
- Deposits are non-refundable but valid if you reschedule you trip.